Welcome back to Dollar Store Decadence recipes, where we cook amazing food made almost entirely with gems we find at the dollar store. This time we’re making Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta, adapted from Tip Hero. Everything in this recipe except for the chicken cam from 99 Cents Only Store. This is a good one and is pretty fancy if I do say so myself. It’s also super easy and you only need two pots! I’m a big fan of cooking meals that don’t require a crazy amount of clean up. As usual, I do consider some things to be staples. For this recipe it will be the minced garlic and italian seasoning. I also don’t have the mental fortitude to try and calculate the amounts since you can find them both at the 99. So here we go:
What you need:
1lb of Chicken Breast, cut in chunks
12 oz Rotini
6 oz Baby Spinach
1 1/2 cups Cream (I used whipping cream, but you can use Heavy if you want)
1 1/2 cups Shredded Parmesan
8 Slices of bacon, diced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
2 1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Cook the rotini. Getting that out of the way will make the rest much easier (trust me).
- In a large pot, cook the bacon until its crisp and remove. Leave the fat in the pot.
- While the bacon is cooking, season the chicken with the chili flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the same large pot you used for the bacon. Once it is completely done, remove it from the pan.
- Next add the spinach to the pot and cook until it’s wilted. Add the garlic at that point and cook until it’s fragrant.
- Pour the cream in next and simmer until the cream thickens and then add the parmesan and cook until it’s melted.
- Finally you can put your chicken, bacon and cooked pasta in and mix well.
The chicken breast was bought at Northgate – $2.04
I bought a 16 oz box of rotini at the 99 – 75¢
Baby spinach also came from the 99 – 99¢
I bought whipping cream at the 99 – $1.49
I bought two containers of parm at the 99 and I used 1 and a half of the other – $1.49
Bacon was also bought for $1.99 at the 99 and I used half – 99¢
The chili flakes was such a small amount but I did get the bag at the 99 – 10¢
Okay, this recipe makes six servings. The total price for this recipe is $6.36. That’s $1.06 per serving. As always, a great price for a great meal. I like to pair this with the Furlani Texas Toast! Let me know how you like this one guys!