Hello all and welcome back to Dollar Store Decadence Recipes where we cook great food made almost entirely of ingredients that can be found at 99 Cents Only Stores. This time we are making a pasta based off the Caesar Salad that I have adapted from Delish. This recipe will likely be a little bit more than others due to the caesar dressing but we shall continue anyway!
What you need:
12 oz. pasta (I used penne)
1 lb. chicken breast cut in chunks
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Cup chicken broth
1 Pint creamy Caesar dressing
1/2 Cup grated Parmesan
The juice of one lemon
1/4 Cup Dried Parsley Flakes or Fresh Parsely if you have it
- Cook your pasta first and just get that out of the way.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and cook the chicken pieces until they are done then remove them and set to the side.
- Add bacon to the same skillet and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside. Keep about 2 Tbsp of the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Next add your chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes before adding the caesar dressing, lemon juice and parmesan.
- Finally add the pasta, chicken, and bacon to the mix.
- Eat! We like this one with Furlani Garlic Toast.
Let’s talk about moolah:
The chicken was from Northgate for $1.99
Bacon was from the 99 and costs $1.99
The pasta was from the 99 and I used half a bag 50¢
I used half of a bouillon cube from the 99 to make my broth 6¢
Caesar dressing cost me $3.99 at Northgate. Ouch!
Parmesan came from the 99 and I used about half the container 50¢
The lemon came from a big bag of lemons from the 99 10¢
The parsley flakes are also from the 99 and I used about half the bottle 50¢
This recipe makes six servings and the total cost for it is $9.67 but when you divide that by six you get $1.61 per serving which isn’t too bad at all.
Try it and let me know how it turns out.