Hello all, and welcome back to Dollar Store Decadence Recipes, where we make gorgeous food made almost entirely of items from 99 Cents Only Stores. This time we are making Lemon Butter Chicken adapted from Eazy Peazy Meals. Okay so let’s get started!
What you need
4 Chicken Breast Halves
1/2 TBsp Chili Powder
3 TBsp Butter
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
1 Lemon, juiced
1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
5 Cups Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Season your chicken with the salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken, searing both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and place chicken into a baking dish.
- In the skillet, melt the last tablespoon of butter and add the garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce and spinach over the chicken in the baking pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Eat! I served it with rice, but there is plenty of sauce if you want to eat it over pasta. Yum!
The chicken came from a six pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts from walmart that was 10.03. I used two for this recipe…$3.34
Chili Powder – 10¢
Butter – 25¢
Minced Garlic – 4¢
Chicken Broth – 50¢
Heavy Cream – 40¢
Parmesan – 50¢
Lemon – 12¢
Spinach – 99¢
This recipe makes 4 servings. The total price was $6.24 which is great and winds up being $1.56 per person. Winning! Anywho, try the recipe and let me know what you think!