Hey people, here we are with another great recipe that will be friendly to your pockets, but at the same time super delicious! This time I made Zuppa Toscana, basically a yummy copycat recipe of the soup you can find at Olive Garden adapted from Damn Delicious. But as usual, most of the ingredients came from 99 Cents Only Store. Okay so let’s see what we have here..
What you need:
6 slices bacon, diced
1 lb Sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
1 TBsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Onion, diced
4 Cups Chicken Broth
4 Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
4 Cups Baby Spinach
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a skillet. Once it is crispy, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the Italian Sausage to the skillet and crumble as it browns. Once it is completely cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onions and garlic, cooking until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the chicken broth and potatoes and cook over high heat until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the sausage and spinach to the pot and cook until the spinach is wilted and then stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve the soup topped with bacon.
Let’s talk money:
Bacon came from the 99 – 99¢
Sausage was from Stater Bros – $3.99
Minced Garlic – 4¢
Onion, also from the 99 – 25¢
Chicken Broth, two cans from the 99 – $1.98
Potatoes, also from the 99 – 20¢
Baby Spinach, from the 99 – 99¢
Heavy Cream, two cartons from the 99 – $1.49
Okay, so this recipe makes enough to serve eight hungry people. It’s so delicious. Anywho, the total cost for the recipe is $9.93. That means it costs only $1.24 per serving. Whew! I like those numbers.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think!